[Chrysler300] Carb Question, 300G

Question Number two for the Group.

Carb dripping Fuel,  300 G.

I discovered the carb dripping Fuel the night before
leaving for the Wisc 300 Meet.  Left the G home and drove the M.

Brought the Carb to John Charaky in Hibbing to check out.
John checked it over, said every thing looked good.

I had installed a Mopar Performance fuel pump on the G
when I rebuilt the engine.
John thought that the fuel pump was putting fuel out
at too much pressure and may be forcing fuel through
the needle valve..

Went down to the NAPA store and bought a new regular
fuel pump, New filter, new hoses and new hose clamps.

Installed all the new parts and put the carb back on.

Turned on the electric fuel pump and every thing looked good.
Fired up the engine and every thing still looked good.
No leaks or drips.
Took it out for a quick test drive in the driveway.
Went fine and the brakes were even working then.
Test drive around the block a few times.
Everything seemed good,  even the brakes worked good.

Back to the house and stopped in the driveway.
shut the engine down and opened the hood to check for drips.

The Carb Was Dripping fuel from the drivers side Carb.
The fuel was dripping from the secondary throttle Shaft
(Closest to the brake booster).
It drips about one drop every 10 to 15 seconds for about 3 to 4 minutes.
I don't notice any dripping when the engine is running,  just after it
is shut off is when I notice the drips.
(Maybe when the engine is running, the heat and the fan air
is causing fuel evaporation and I can't find the drips)

Took the air cleaner off to check further.
In the secondary half of the carb, there is an upper and
lower set of butterflies and shafts.
On the ends ( L and R )of the upper butterfly shaft There
are "counter weights" that rotate in small "compartments"
at each end.
In these "compartments" there was about  3/8"  of fuel.
(Used the wood stick end of a 6"  Q-tip to measure.)

On the passenger side that was not dripping,
In the same compartment there was less than
a Quarter inch of fuel.

Question:  Why is the fuel dripping out of the
Secondary throttle shaft of the drivers side carb???

Float set "too high"  or  "too low"?
Crack in the lower Carb Casting?
Fuel volume too excessive?
Fuel Pressure too excessive?

I like the old Mopar Performance fuel pump
better than the new NAPA fuel pump.
(the NAPA pump is too tinny)

Fuel pressure regulator and the Mopar Performance Pump?

Don't want to drive a car with a fuel drip!

Thank you for considering these Questions.

300ly,

Lauren R Lampi
Grand Rapids, MN.
300G