RE: [Chrysler300] Re:disk brakes for 57's and all with center plane btak

RE: [Chrysler300] Re:disk brakes for 57's and all with center plane btakes

I must second Wayne's comments on center plane brakes, but in my case the
observations apply to the '61 G.  I had my G out for a test drive this past
July 4th weekend after I installed new KYB shocks, so I put the car through
the paces.  It felt good, stopped square and with full control.

My master and brake cylinders and are all stock components relined with
bronze inserts and silicone fluid installed in the system.  All new flex
hoses were used and he front drums were replaced with good used drums, only
cut .020" over, the originals had gone past the .060" limit so I did not
reuse them.  The shoes were relined at a local shop, Friction Materials,
that still relines brakes and clutch discs.  I brought them the drums and
they arced the relined shoes to the drums for a good fit. I always adjusts
the shoes per the manual and run the cam up tight, then back off only enough
for the wheel to turn but the drums still lightly touch the shoes when
spinning the wheel.

Brake performance is quite acceptable, but they will begin to fade after
several hard stops, or extended mountain driving, but that is a rare
occurrence for me.

Bob J

  _____