Fw: [Chrysler300] John Hertog

----- Original Message -----
From: Rick Ehrmann
To: moparpjf@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] John Hertog

Members and friends,

It's hard for me to separate John from the club and from the living. He loved life and lived it with gusto. A kinder and more helpful guy would be impossible to find. One year at Carlisle I left the top down on my K while I went parts browsing. A sudden downpour sent me running to the car from the opposite end of the fairgrounds. When I got to the K, John had already put the top up and was wiping up the interior. John loved to drive fast. The month I got my J, I drove it gently to Carlisle. John wanted to drive a bunch of us to a restaurant in it. OK, Rick let's see what she'll do.....That was some ride! Now I drive it the same way. The next morning I was stuck in the hotel parking lot cursing at the reverse push button, which would not engage. John appeared on the scene to fix the recalcitrant mechanism. I drove off with a smile. That's the kind of guy John was.

Rick Ehrmann