From: Paul Holmgren <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Torqueflite for a 392
To: spiers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Chrysler 300 Club Intl" <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 5:04 PM

John wrote:
> Local guy here says he has a transmission from a 1957 300-C for sale very cheaply.

> I checked with George Riehl, who told me the correct stamped part number is 1854123, and he said there should be a second number, the serial number used for warranty purposes.

> The numbers the fellow gave me are 738227P and 075879. These aren't even close!

> George is not available at the moment. Can anyone tell me what he has?

> Thanks,

> John Spiers
> Lake Worth, Florida

I sit here ponderin a little factum: when I first learned there were
specific numbers associated with the 300 trannys, and it was located
outside the tranny on the case I visited the little pile of CI
torqufiltes in my gayrauge. Nun of them had the number mentioned so I
thought to myself, rats over the years these cars had their trannys
replaced instead of repaired. Course I was looking at cast numbers NOT
Stamped. IS this the case, I should be looking for a Stamped number
somewhere on the case???

(sitting here in the heat thinking just maybe there is a little sun
shining on me maybe)
--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy