Re: [Chrysler300] Thermostatic fan clutch for Hurst

Re: [Chrysler300] Thermostatic fan clutch for Hurst

John,
            in changing fan clutches on most of my MoPars in recent years
I've found that the aftermarket clutches are taller than the oem or older
replacement models and it becomes a very tight squeeze to get it to clear the
radiator.  Probably something to do with consolidation of part #'s as the cars age.

            Anyway, I've had luck with using the clutch that comes in the
MoPar Performance viscous fan kit ( comes with blade and fan ) which runs about
$95. Also, there is a Hayden unit which will fit and give ample clearance
however is difficult to install because it's very short. In this case you have to
turn the bolts only a few threads at a time to cinch it into place.

            If you have no luck with your Napa unit let me know and I'll
retrieve the Hayden part # for the short clutch.

Mike Laiserin

deal here.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional