[Chrysler300] 300C won't crank from key

What is a common/any reason why a 300C would not crank, turn over, when one pushes in the Neutral button with the key on?

I have checked, by temporarily wiring together the two terminals on the neutral vacuum start switch on the intake, and the battery is 100% OK.

And the problem only started when I went to start the car after 2 months and combination of it's battery was flat, gas not up and a cold morning, so I used a screw driver to jump/broach the thingo/gizmo that the main battery power lead goes to, by using blade of driver between power terminal and the power treminal that the wire that runs down to the starter comes from - just like one does with say a Ford V8 solenoid as on Mustangs etc.  (have done this many many times before, never a drama, and did not short anything else this time).

The car starts by doing this, but has lost crank from inside the car.

Christopher in Oz where this weather here is unbelieavable - where I live is Aust's driest State - yet by the log book in the car it has been 9 weeks since last days not cloudy/showery enough to use the car/300, that why battery flat/etc, and yet away from the coast, grain crops in much of lower east part are still desperate for one good rain before warm spring winds begin, and cold!!, it so cold the last month multiple light snow in many spots just back from the beach, on flat ground - Australia only ever usually has snow on two small parts of it's highest mounts - about an area of a few thousand acres, not like now like across huge areas of mutiple states. I know we are likely spoiled versus much of US and Europe, but I like to use my 300s, and this weather is beyond normal, beyond most's patience, yet farmers and dams who really need it have missed what they need.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)