RE: [Chrysler300] 300F stalling

My years of fooling around with cars would usually say on the symptoms given to first check for vacuum leaks, as usually too lean a mixture results in stalling at low revs in drive, and hesitant acceleration off from start.

Ryan might be right about possible convertor reasons but would imagine that a real uncommon reason, so maybe not the first thing to go for?

( And Ryan maybe chill out on 'tongue in cheek re earlier recently criticising' aussies/me who ask whether widows' children who contact the Club to find out what a few old 300s are worth after their dad dies - and in hindsight I was also a bit hard on the person/woman who contacted the Club for not knowing, yet lately who knows exactly what a unrestored 300F or 300G convert is worth, and she normally did the right thing in asking the 'experts', us, even if she/family had already sort of knew from what their dad had told them -one/I/you never should assume they knew/cared so little for their dad they did not know?!)
(And a second point, just because one's husband/father/brother dies, does that automatically mean 'everyone whoever' is left behind is fair game for whomever is first there with a chequebook/cash - Ryamn/others/300 lovers, I hope not?!)

First check any vacuum hoses, carb gasket leaks, brake booster diaphragm, etc, then go for the less usual/difficult ones Ryan suggests.
Christopher

To: paul_martin78ca@xxxxxxxx; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: ryan_hillc300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:44:06 -0700Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] 300F stalling

Perhaps your stall converter? If you rule out timing, vacuum leaks, ignition, and valvetrain problems you shouldn't overlook the converter. Especially if it's a newer rebuilt unit. If they malfunction, (lock up too early basically) they're like a clutch that isn't completely disengaging. Just a thought....Ryan Hill To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: paul_martin78ca@xxxxxxxxxxxx: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:07:10 -0700Subject: [Chrysler300] 300F stallingI am having issues with my 300F stalling when approaching a stop. I have all the linkages and anti stall pot set according to factory specs. In order to avoid the stalling i change to neutral as I approach a stop, and the select D when I need to accellerate. The car is very sluggish on accelleration as though it is running way too lean. Any suggestions?Paul300F Vancouver BC__________________________________________________________Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now athttp://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com. __________________________________________________________If you like crossword puzzles, then you'll love Flexicon, a game which combines four overlapping crossword puzzles into one!http://g.msn.ca/ca55/208[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)