RE: [Chrysler300] 1957 Crankshaft pulley

RE: [Chrysler300] 1957 Crankshaft pulley

Front airconditioner pulleys off Imperials likely could be the same, but on many high performance cars (higher performance 300s included?), the crankshaft pulley is near always smaller diameter ( I think they figure performance models are usually run at higher revs, and the smaller pulley reduces over-revving what is driven by crank pulley, plus maybe saves wasted hp?), and I am pretty sure 392 engined Imperials used a totally different (shape) water pump, so maybe an Imperial pulley will for sure bolt up to the crank/damper bolt pattern, but if it is a larger outer diameter also, it might not even fit the 300 392 that runs a different water pump etc, let alone it incorrect for 300 originality/appearance ??

People more expert in 392 300s than me reply/comment please?

Christopher Australia - sunny outside, 2nd such day in a row, but showers and cold tipped from tomorrow for a week - so taking my 300C for a short spin soon, it's 2nd only in 10 weeks due to crazy weather here lately - our main southern irrigation dams just had their 5th lowest winter inflows in over 150 years, just 20% of usual amount, already last year we/Aust importing rice for 1st time ever because no water to grow normal rice crops.

To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:08:27 -0400Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1957 Crankshaft pulley

I was going to suggest the same thing. More than likely it will be the sameas 57-8 Imperial. Seems to be lots of Imp parts cars out there.Ron> Hello,> Have [you] tried to obtain a part number &> cross-reference to other models?> Regards,> George Cann

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)