From: mwl1967@xxxxxxx <mwl1967@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Dual Outlet Master Cylinder
To: spiers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, September 21, 2008, 5:13 PM

John,
I've got 4 wheel discs on my K and am not real happy without the
power assist. I've been told I can run just the front circuit through the
booster which would subsequently assist the unboosted rear circuit but I;m not
quite sure I believe it nor have I tried it.

There is a company offering a dual remote booster / slave assembly,
it is essentially two small units mounted in tandem and ran around $700
bucks or so. If I recall it was too large to mount under one fender and I'd have
to separate them and put one under each fender. The other option if you can
find the info would be to try the volvo unit you mentioned... do you have any
details? A service manual? Size?

I would like to try one of these options soon. The other issue for
me would be to figure out how to run it with an engine that's only making
7inches of vacuum at idle.

FYI for anyone updating brakes in my opinion would be to go to discs in
the front and leave the rear drums alone. Sure the vented / slotted rotors
look cool but any of the kits using the '79-'85 GM rear calipers should be
avoided like the plague...IMO. Also, the Wilwood kits use calipers that don't
have dust seals on the pistons and hence aren't exactly meant for longevity if
used regularly on the street.

Mike Laiserin
Phoenix, AZ

In a message dated 9/21/2008 1:06:48 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,