From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Tony Rinaldi
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2008 3:41 PM
To: Chrysler 300 Club
Subject: [Chrysler300] Glamorous Grilles

Hi to all,

Want to call your attention to an article in Nov. 2008 Hemmings on page 20.
The logic is consistent with some of the illogical political rhetoric
currently exiting the mouths of all of the current candidates for pres & VP.

The premise of the article is that when Chrysler designers inverted the 1957
thru 1960 trapezoidal front grille, in 1961 and on, it lead to the demise of
the Letter car series.

It is backed up by 8th grade geometry, basic architecture and the Egyptian
pyramids with their tops cut off.

The authors claim that the original design gave the 1957 thru 1960 Letter
cars style consistent with stability and agility and had a design
particularly attractive, if not outright mandatory, in a car that's built to
handle curves.

They use the fact that flipping the trapezoid grille coincided with a sales
fall that led to the letter series ultimate design.

Don't kill the messenger. I didn't write the article nor do I believe it is
true.

Tony Rinaldi

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional