Re: [Chrysler300] More 300 D Questions

Hi Bill and All:
I did a little research today and will be able to help you out with  question
#9.  The Chrysler engineering drawings specify FLAG RED, color  code C-7415-E
for the 300D wheel cover "squares".  This is the same color  specified for
all years wheel covers when red is used.  Flag red is  also specified for the
red in all medallions.  While I do not have a master  for Flag Red, I did
compare our current substitution for the ram tube paint with  three different NOS
(Not Repros) medallions I have.  It is a  vertually perfect match!!  In fact, it
is actually a slightly closer  match than for the ram color for which I do
have the master.  That paint is  the currently available Cummins Engine "Apex
Red", their number 3163075.
Unfortunately, I do not have a drawing of the brake cooling ducts, so can
not comment on their specified color.  Any member with an NOS example to
compare??  (Not likely!!!)
I do remember, hopefully correctly, that long ago a Club member (Bob
Brass??) compared the ram tube substitute paint used at that time---Buick engine
red---to an NOS 300E grille and found it a close match.  Now we are  stretching
things a little, but it could mean the grille and ducts are the  same
red------and so the ducts are Flag Red????.  (Assuming, too, that  the 300E and C/D
ducts are the same color.)
Anyway, hope this helps a little.  At any rate, the Apex Red will  be correct
on for ANY wheel cover red.
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Tallahassee, FL

In a message dated 9/28/2008 11:17:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,