From: Wayne Graefen <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Intl 300 <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; pennsy300@xxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:33 pm
Subject: [Chrysler300] Re:Interesting Visitor

No.  The 400HP short ram intakes still have a choke well but it has a sheet metal plate bolted over it.  And they still have the heat chamber under the carburetor but it is filled with water circulating through hoses running around the compartment sourced at the heater hose fittings at the front of the engine.

Terry, was this single ram full length divided or was it half divided?

I knew a fellow named Bob Harris in Corona, CA who had a pair of rams that had been polished some time in their history.  He had picked them up at a swap meet.  Like the one shown to you, both the choke well and the heat chamber had been cast solid.  Bob's assumption was that they had been cast for marine application.  I don't know if he ever learned more about them or still has them as I last had contact with him some 9 years ago.

Has anyone else seen or does anyone have ram tubes cast without any provision for the choke or for carb base heat?

Wayne G

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: