[Chrysler300] Re:USPS "50s Fins and Chrome"

[Chrysler300] Re:USPS "50s Fins and Chrome"

Wayne and all:  Due to my asking him for several weeks when the stamps were to be on sale, my local post office guy (Carmi, IL - pop 5000) sent me a handwritten note telling me on Wed 10/1 that the "50's Fins and Chrome" stamps were going on sale on 10/3 and even held back 100 of them for me in case I didn't get there before he sold them out.  (One of the benefits of living in a small town.) Evidently, they didn't get a lot of the stamps.  ( I bought 200 when I made it to the post office, later.)  He also gave me his copy of "USA Philatelic" Comprehensive Edition, an official post office publication that featured photos of all the stamps, a photo of a red '59 Cadillac fin on the cover and a note on the inside cover from Carl Herrman, USPS art director and designer discussing the fun he had doing the project in southern CA.  This was the Winter 2008 edition Vol 13 Number 4.  Looks like it is published quarterly.

Your local postmaster may have this available and with luck, you may talk him/her out of it.  Also, you can order up to 10 copies of the catalog for free at USPS.com  Have fun!

David Coston, P.E.
Duke Energy One
dcoston@xxxxxxxxxxx
phone: 618-382-2280