Re: [Chrysler300] Wrong way wipers

In a message dated 10/18/2008 11:44:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wmdgrn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have a c300 that I recently had rebuilt. When I rec'd the car from the
restorer the windshield wipers are going backwards. I checked to see if the
linkage under the dash was installed backwards but it seems to only go in the  one
way. Also, the ohmmeter reads discharge but the electrical system checks  out
and is charging. The wiring harness is new and the wires to both items  seem
to be properly attached. Anyone have any ideas? Are the two problems  related
to a wiring mistake made along a common path to the  two?

Seems as though the polarity might be reversed, either in the battery or  the
voltage regulator.  I'm not an electrical wizard, and you didn't  mention
what year your C300 is, so you might have a 6 volt (Positive ground) or  a 12
volt (Negative ground) system.  I hope someone else might be able to  give you a
more certain (I almost said a more positive!) answer.  The  voltage regulator
on some or all of these must be "flashed" to establish the  correct polarity
of the system when it is installed.

Let us all know the outcome.

Joe  Savard
Lake Orion, Michigan