RE: [Chrysler300] Distributor Cap, 300G, no power reason?

RE: [Chrysler300] Distributor Cap, 300G, no power reason?

I can only agree with the email reply below - it sure sounds like lack of gas/fuel.

When I changed my 71 El Camino to a 400 from a 350, when I went for a bref ;bed in the new rings thrash, after briefly getting up and going like all hell in first, it suddenly sort of died on me, so I pulled the filter that on those GM spreadbore 4bbls is so stupidly/hardly in the front base of the carb - it had heaps of some sort of black flaky/rubbery stuff in it.

So either check all filters, and if float levels checked, them maybe recheck tank gauze/filter.  A crook condensor in a distributor can also mimic gas starvation signs, but sounds like it is not this here.

Christopher Australia

To: pweihl@xxxxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: gholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 20:52:16 -0800Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Distributor Cap, 300G

Paul; I have a G convt that for the last two years had the same problems you have . I thought it was vapor locking as it got worse with hot weather. It now runs ok but I am not sure just what cured it. This is what I have done so far to fix it. Replaced the gas tank. I cleaned and coated the org. one with the POR -15 treatement. This was before the Crappy gas stuff that we call fuel, now. Any way I replaced it with a tank from a N/P and had it coated at the radatior shop with some NEW treatment he said would work. The stuff I put in turned to gel ,was soft and gummy. The only way to clean was to cut the tank in half, clean and solder back ($400) So I replaced it. Then installed a electric fuel pump( with filter ) All new fuel lines (rubber) New fuel pump. With parts compatable with new fuel. Then removed the filter between the fuel pump and carb. This filter never did get more than 1/4 full. I did replace this earlier with problem but didn't help . I also have put in a Pentrox unit in the dist. which helped. Before that I would get about 500 miles to a set of plugs. Last spring I made a trip to Yrekea over the Sis-Q's mts. with the temp. about 90 with no problems since. ( KNOCK ON WOOD) I think the whole problem was in the $1.98 filter. Oh I also installed a electric fan. Which helps in parade Thats My story and I'm sticking to it.----- Original Message ----- From: Paul Weihl To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 6:31 PMSubject: [Chrysler300] Distributor Cap, 300GThanks to all that responded to my question about correct plug wires to distributor cap. With your suggestions, I have eliminated that problem, everything was correct. My problem was, and still is, that the engine will stall when sudden acceleration from idle and will stall when going up hill, no power. I was sure it was in the ignition or vacuum advance, but not so. Timing light shows vacuum advance works. Engine was rebuild about 1,000 miles ago so everything was either rebuild or new parts. Didn't have the problem when work was completed. Carburetors were rebuild 3 times, timing and dwell are within specs, accelerator pumps work like they should and chokes open as engine warms up. Engine starts easy and idles smooth. I have tried everything I could think of, guess I'm still missing something. Hoping someone had a similar problem that they fixed or can offer some suggestion to get this beast running correctly. Again, any and all suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!Paul[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]----------------------------------------------------------No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.16/1840 - Release Date: 12/9/2008 4:53 PM[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)