RE: [Chrysler300] Wisdom of investing in oil etc, versus maybe 300s?

RE: [Chrysler300] Wisdom of investing in oil etc, versus maybe 300s?

Australia is supposed to be better placed than most any other place to withstand the global economic woes, but yet here our prime infrastructure investment house has seen it's share price go from near $100 a year ago, to around/below $30, and most other shares halved.   Plus our dollar early 2008 no sooner reached around 98c to the US 100c, than it has plummeted to just below 60c, only recovered the last two weeks to 66c, only now to be tipped to fall to below 60c next year.

A friend who imports mainly good condition norcal '50s Cadillacs, sold every one in a seeming few weeks frenzy as our dollar plunge suddenly looked permanent, or going lower still soon, as seemingly those wanting one/any, realised those he had bought at over 90c would not be seen at these prices again.  And yet he heads off to CA late January to buy a likely another 30.

So all of us owning collector 300s should feel concerned at the bottom seemingly falling out of everything, or maybe more secure in the faith that a 300 is something tangible and rare, versus 'owning' scraps of paper that say we own part of some Company !?

Barrett Jackson's annual mega number, and mega $$$, auction comes soon - how many will be prepared to give their/any car to them unreserved, let alone firstly maybe giver them any car anyway?!

Those of us that own our 300s for what they are, versus those who own them because of what they are worth, can still enjoy them the same.  And maybe if some future 'stressed sale' 300 values come down temporarily, buying a good 300 might at least give some/more enjoyment, than worrying about some supposed 'super safe' paper shares in some drawer, broker's office?

Christopherps - however beware, owning too many cars/300s is bad, as one is never master of them all, at the least, spends too much time working on them to enjoy them/life properly - ask me - I am guilty of that in spades - sort of like droving sheep - use only one or two sheep dogs, and they are busy keeping the sheep/mob headed where supposed. But have three, five or seven dogs, and for each one to keep busy (which true aussie sheep dogs live for), some will run up front, so as to have somewhere of their own to bark at them. Result, confusion, much yelling at the good intentioned dogs, and the sheep go nowhere where you want.  Too many cars is the same, you often end up getting nowhere where you hoped to be/get !!

To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Jlyons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 14:19:06 -0500Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Price of oil

Mac,I have traded oil in the past. All I can say is that it is a work out,requires intense attention and is subject to market psychology as much(or more than) any legitimate market forces. Consider the money you'invest' in oil futures speculative.you're gambling, not investing.Because of the recent volatility in the market (when I say 'recent', Imean since Katrina), you are bound to pay a premium regardless of whatyou think (bet) oil will do in the near-term.When I am asked about the market, I always suggest a good consumerdriven dividend paying stock (P & G or GE are two good ones) with yieldsclose to 5%.Good luck.JL-----Original Message-----From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of jimmac2004Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:12 PMTo: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [Chrysler300] Price of oilHello All, Any stock market wizards ou there? Oil is at $35,is it a good time to buy oil or futures ? Merry Christmas, Mac Sanford, Fl. 300H&K[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)