Re: [Chrysler300] 300 L wheels & tires

I have a 66/300, which is very similar to a '65. A few years ago I
put disc brakes from a '70 NYer on the front of my '66. In order for
the rotors and calipers to fit I had to abandon the stock 14" wheels
and use 15 inchers. For rubber I went with 225/70/15 tires. From the
looks of all the room in my wheel wells, I think could easily have
used 75-series tires. You may want to consider 70-series. You will
have a skoch more room and possibly slightly better handling.

Jack

On Dec 30, 2008, at 6:29 PM, Roger Selby wrote:

> Hi 300 Friends,
> I was driving my 300 L to the Sparks/Reno 300 Meet, last June, when
> a gal
> ran a RED light and took out my cars front end. A new clip, sub-
> frame & 6
> months later, it is out of the body shop. Arbogast Body & Paint,
> Auburn, Ca. did a great job & are super people.
>
> I am now looking to put on Magnum 500 wheels 15X7 inch & 235/75/15
> tires.
> Will I have the clearance to run these larger, 15 inch tires?
>
> If anyone knows, please advise.
>
> Thank you, Roger Selby
>            Placerville, Ca.
>            530-622-1020