[Chrysler300] Gary Goers replied fast & casting number decode help neede

[Chrysler300] Gary Goers replied fast & casting number decode help needed

1) Gary Goers has sent me off a complete 1957 300C body mount rubber set, and depending on whether he sent it to business address used on original fax to him, or my Greenacres address, I should get them late next week, so you can't do much better than that for 300 parts service? - although oddly enough, trying to email him by using the reply button, saw my reply come up as a failed Delivery yesterday and just now ?!

2) I also got 392 rod bearings I was recently also asking about to freshen up the supercharged 300C motor - TRW Clevite nos ones - from would you believe an Ebay guy in Wisconsin who runs 392 hemis in a blown rail dragster. He lives near Fond du Lac, has a brother living there now he visits near weekly, right the same town where my supercharged car went/lived for years new after Daytona, it's owners having a business there on South Main St, and he has offered to go doorknock their address, neighbouring ones maybe too, and see who still knows them and the car.
Plus the shot of his dragster he sent when I asked what was the '392' bit in his Ebay name, is in front of Wisconsin Dragway current winners huge sign, so I asked him next time he runs there, ask/look for any old timers that maybe ran against the 300C, knew anything about it still.
I am curious to find out what business Turskeys had back in '55-57, be weird if it was a firm that could have done work for local Mercury Marine's HQ/Plant, owned by Carl Kiekhaefer , but likely wont be?!

I don't know about other 300 owners, but Ebay can be brilliant re not only parts, but little tech info re what fits, what won't and why etc, this before some sellers can maybe also help re finding out history/info re our 300s? But then there are also the didgy, dishonest ebay sellers, parts that are wrong, or just junk, pitted so bad, etcc.

3) casting number part help required - what transmision/year is cast number

1736225 - 2, with  a separate 8-10 cast a bit to right of that, and stamped on other side of trans, in case edge/lip at filler tube location   1738227, with a 2 stamped fair bit further ahead of that  ?!

trans looks to be typical 3 spd cast iron torqueflight - I think I got cast numbers right, so hopefully they mean something

Christopher Australia

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: