  From: christopher beilby
  To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 10:41 AM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] Cast iron TFlite ID help needed

  Parts decode assistance needed

  1) I am still asking for ID help re cast iron torqueflite - numbers stamped in lower edge of trans above the dipstick/filler tube are 1738227, and ahead of those numbers (but more roughly stamped re spacings etc), is 58652, but this 2nd number may just be a service or rebuild number, although the number stamps look near identical to the Factory ones used to stamp the first numbers.

  Casting number on case of trans on other side is 1736225-2 with (what I think is date casting?) of 8-10 a bit further to the right.

  2) Seemingly factory correct 300C front shocks have date stamp of 12 jan 6 - (letter A used for jan). Were 300C Factory replacement front shocks still made 1966, or would this "6", be for 1956, because January 1956 seems pretty early for 1957 model which basically did not go into production until 10 months later - or maybe were these shocks fitted to 1956 model 300Bs ?!
  (I haven't checked rear shocks yet I just realised, if they are still originals?! - dates on them may be same - or who knows?! As I took the off before fronts, and they pretty sad, I just put them in an old box by themselves, as clearly pretty unlikely to re-use)

  3) How rare were 'pilot', or pre production, large neck (3 1/2 inch diameter) 300C Air Cleaners, and their unstamped/un-numbered yellow plastic and wire mesh elements, as have realised from reading more carefully Wayne Graefen's 300C refence booklet, this is what my supercharged 300C has on it?

  Car still going well (better than my health/tiredness/stress due to it!!), and hopefully like many other 300 restorers doing 'as much 300ly' in as short a possible time , my posts to this site will die off once major stuff finished,

  Christopher Australia - where sharks just attacked two swimmers at opposite ends of nation over weekend, both very lucky to escape/live

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)