[Chrysler300] steering wheels

Hi Johnnie,

Perhaps not exactly what you ment but I can say for me that the steering wheels made by Gittans/Magnus up here in Sweden are doing alright.  I had a few made for me of both the  57/58 style (300/N.Y/Saratoga/Windsor depending on paint pattern) and 60/61 style(Rechrome of the base, cast in transparent and paint what should be painted for F, G, N.Y etc) and they are all Ok also after a few years of use or storage.  No cracks.   I know Magnus is keeping one of the first ones made by him outdoors, actually in a orangeri, just to see for how long they will last without getting cracked.  I´m told it has been sitting there for years now and still no evidence of age although the temperature will shift depending of what season inbwteen -22F to 125F or more.

Only remark so far;  All castings so far made with transparent plastic and paint on top at the end.  Will look slightly different than stock F  and stock 300 C/D  but minor and durability seems Ok while use of 2k car paint.

Works for me.  Just wish he/we´d find a good core also for the  -62 style steering wheel in order to enable the make of mould also for those.   Besides 57/58 and 60/61  there are also moulds available for the early 60 Pontiacs.

Best regards

Ulf Larsson, Sweden

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional