[Chrysler300] Re: OEM vs. Glo-Brite

Close to 20 years ago when I became aware that it was Glo-Brite that had made the commonly available replacement '57 Chrysler tail light lenses, I contacted the company and had a very nice conversation with someone in their Chicago corporate offices.  At that time they still had the '57 left and right molds!  They said the '57 Chrysler was the ONLY Chrysler specific tail lens they had ever made though they had made numerous Plymouth and Dodge lenses.  Part of the reason they made it was that the factory supply of OEM lenses from Auto-Lite was fairly quickly used up by Mopar service parts and they were asked to supply Mopar and they did.  This is why you will find Glo-Brite "CY-3" and "CY-4" lenses in Mopar boxes with Mopar packaging.  In my opinion, which is widely shared, they are 100% of factory quality.  I personally have never seen any Glo-Brite lens of any year that faded.  Other brands for other years makes and models most certainly do.  I did not consider getting a quote from Glo-Brite on a run of '57 lenses because there was such a great quantity of their lenses still around the hobby back then.  In fact there are still quite a few of them around today though prices have crept up and up.  I did check in with them perhaps 5 or 6 years ago and the dies, I was told, are gone.

Wayne G

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: