[Chrysler300] G Charging Issues

Good morning,

A brief review: Last Fall, when driving the G through Texas, I noticed the electrical system was discharging. I found a shop in Abilene who confirmed the alternator was not charging.  They provided a new alternator and voltage regulator (just as an insurance policy). After installing these new parts, we found that the system was charging at approximately 15.2 volts, too high.
He said that there may be a problem with the ignition switch. As a solution, they fabricated a jumper wire which connected the positive battery terminal to the "Ignition" side of the voltage regulator. The 2 wires which normally plugged into the voltage regulator were left unplugged. The only instruction was to unplug the jumper while when the car was turned off.
I drove the car approximately 5,000 miles further in this configuration. I finally got around to looking at it yesterday. The wires plugging into the ignition switch MIGHT have been a little loose. After re-connecting the original way, I measured 14.6 to 14.8 volts at the battery at approximately 2,000 RPM. I feel this is probably O.K., what do you think?
Is it possible that the ignition switch could be faulty and allowing too much voltage (he said it could even be a loose or corroded wire)? If so, how could I test for it? As you know, it is a real pain in the behind to get access to the switch.
Best regards,

Richard Osborne

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional