Re: [Chrysler300] electric window motor removal ?

Re: [Chrysler300] electric window motor removal ?

Jeff,

It has been a few years since I had mine apart, so the memory rolodex
cards are a little frayed and greasy.  The warnings about the spring
are valid, can you envision a spring powered guillotine?  I seem to
recall that by using a Phillips screwdriver I was able to push it
through a hole in the mechanism and in the quadrant to block the
spring from unloading.  I was able to remove the motor and gear drive
at that time.  Reinstalling just meant pushing slightly against the
spring to reposition in original mesh.  I removed the motor and the
window lift mechanism as a whole and did the rest on the
workbench.  In my case. the motor was fine, but the gear box was bone
dry.  Some solvent and brake clean washing and a re-lube made it work
again, although the gears are quite worn from years of no grease.  It
is not a particularly hard job, just need to be sure the spring won't
unwind when the gear box is removed.  My car is a 58 300D, so the
gear box has little sheet metal covers, they are difficult to remove
without damaging or bending.  I thing I sealed mine with a silicon
sealer when done.

Bill Huff

At 3/22/200912:39 AM, lil_jake5 wrote:

>Hi all,
>Was on a run last night and my electric motor in the window winder
>has burnt out and i have taken the door lining off and all handles
>etc, but my question is - is there an easy way of removing the motor
>and is it just 2 bolts and it comes out.
>Its for a 1965 300L drivers side door window with the 4 window controler.
>The controller works the other 3 windows but not the drivers side(i
>think it got stuck in the down motion for a few hours and just burnt
>the motor or wiring out.
>any help apreciated by those who have done this exact job previouosly.
>I just want to be sure before i tackle it and stuff something up.
>cheers
>Jeff
>Australia

<*> Your email settings: