[Chrysler300] Tempus Fugit, Momento Morti

[Chrysler300] Tempus Fugit, Momento Morti

Hello 300'ly to all!
    I was going through the e-mails on the club list server and during a pause my screensaver took over and flashed a picture of Vern Graber standing with Tom Cox at Hutter's Engine Shop in Chardon, Ohio....Vern's last meet he attended, Spring, 2007.  It was very fitting for this scene to pop up especially now that we learned of Vern's recent passing. I met Vern at the first 300 Club International Meet that Marnie and I attended...Dayton, Fall, 2003. What a fine gentleman!  After chatting with him for 5 minutes I felt like he was an uncle.  As a matter of fact he asked me to drive his K from the hotel parking lot to the Carillon Park show site during the meet.  He rode in the passenger seat....just like my uncle used to do with me when I had my driver's license and we would go off to do errands around town.  I remember Vern stating to be leery of the brakes, they grab a little and then telling me on a straight away to PUNCH IT!  He just loved the wallop that the engine would generate!  All this at the age of 89 at the time! We will all miss Vern.  As we say in the Knights of Columbus, Tempus Fugit, Momento Morti...Time Flies, Remember Death.  Let us all, in light of the recent contoversies that have transpired on this list server, just keep in mind the legacy of Vern Graber....the people are what count, the cars just bring us together.  In the end, the memories of the person are what count, because someone else will gain custodianship of the cars. Another fine club member has driven to 300 Heaven!  Vern, enjoy the ride. You showed us the way here.  Our prayers are with Vern's family and the club at this time.  MARNIE & ROB KERN

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)