[Chrysler300] f going in museum

My 300F will be going into the Larz Anderson Auto Museum
http://www.larzanderson.org <http://www.larzanderson.org/>   in
Brookline, Ma. at the end of the week to be part of an exhibit entitled
"The Style & Innovation of the American Automobile" .  I have put
together a little blurb (dare I say plagiarized) from various sources
and would like comment on any other factoids that might help explain the
historical importance of the Chrysler letter cars. It being a fair
assumption that the average attendee doesn't have the obsession for the
letter car details of this group I tried to use the K.I.S.S. method-

The 1960 Chrysler 300F

Wheelbase, inches: 126.0
Weight, lbs: 4,270
Number built: 1,212

Body Style

Specifications

Production

List Price

2-door hardtop

V-8, 413cid, twin 4bbl carbs, 375bhp @ 5,000rpm, 495ft/lbs @ 2,800rpm,
3-speed auto, 4,270lbs

V-8, 413cid, twin 4bbl carbs, 400bhp @ 5,200rpm, 465ft/lbs @ 3,600rpm,
4-speed manual, 4,270lbs

964

from $5,411

2-door convertible

V-8, 413cid, twin 4bbl carbs, 375bhp @ 5,000rpm, 495ft/lbs @ 2,800rpm,
3-speed auto, 4,310lbs

V-8, 413cid, twin 4bbl carbs, 400bhp @ 5,200rpm, 465ft/lbs @ 3,600rpm,
4-speed manual, 4,310lbs

248

from $5,841

Performance

300F

0-to-60, 7 seconds ; 1/4-mile 16 seconds @ 85 mph

300F

This 1960 300F Hardtop is one of Chrysler's 'Letter Cars,' produced from
1955 through 1965, which were some of the most powerful and limited
production vehicles by an American car company of that era.  1960 300F
production numbers were 964 hardtops and 248 convertibles of which 291
hardtops and 82 convertibles are currently known to exist (*source
Chrysler 300 Club International). Equipped with the famous crossram
induction manifold fitted with two 4-barrel carburetors, the 413
cubic-inch wedge head V8 was factory rated at 375 horsepower and 495
ft/lbs of torque and was coupled to Chrysler's 3-speed Torqueflite
push-button transmission. 1960 was the first year to use Chrysler's
weight saving uni-body construction, which further enhanced performance.

In 1960 a 300F set the Flying Mile record of 144.9 mph at Daytona Beach,
Florida.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: