Re: [Chrysler300] Identification plate

Hi Johan and All:
The 300E does also exhibit this VIN relocation.  300E number 459 has  the
separate painted code plate with no VIN, plus the bright finish VIN  only tag
on the driver's side door hinge piller.  300E number 480 has the  VIN
stamped in the wavy painted tag and attached to the door hinge piller.   So,
somewhere between these two VINs the change took place.  These VINs  correspond
to scheduled build dates of 3/19/59 to 3/30/59.  I have no idea  as to why
the change was made, but it was evidently deemed unacceptable, as the  300F
came with the traditional painted body code plate and the  spotweld attached
bright finish VIN tag.
Hope this helps a little.
300ly, Gil Cunningham

In a message dated 6/6/2009 2:46:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,