Re: [Chrysler300] wheel studs needed

  Hopefully, you will get part numbers from someone that has done the leg work on this sort of project. Basically, when there is no application help in a catalog, the job is handled by measuring the old part and comparing with what is available at generic parts houses like NAPA. Of course, if we had a model year that would really help also.

  Studs are swaged in place on old Chryslers. Separating the drum requires a swage cutter tool that in general does not destroy the studs. So, they can stay in place and work just fine unless you are insistant on swaging the new drums in place. Properly done, I have not had any problem with replacement drums and no swages.

  New studs and nuts on an old car are a good idea anyway. Cars and trucks today use all RH thread fasteners BTW. This is an old club topic, beat around a lot BTW, and I think I remember some members have used RH only fasteners and I guess taken their chances with the judging people as LH studs can be hard to find. Finding studs, RH and LH and with shoulder for swaging, I would dventure would be hard to do at least for some Chrysler products.

  In my professional experiences through the years, I have seen considerable damage done (fortunately always by others) to hubs when swaged in place studs have been removed with improper tooling. Bent flanges are trouble and if the studs are driven out with a sledge or pushed out with a big press without cutting the swages and using other necessary tooling, that is most likely what will happen.

  Warren Anderson
  Sedona,AZ

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional