Re: [Chrysler300] gas tank sealer???

  We sourced some stuff through a Harley Davidson shop once apon a time and that stuff worked well. Product name UNK. When a Harley tanks gets fouled (super common problem looks like) the fuel system is totally intolerant it would seem and the fix is worse than with car.

  When a new replacement is not available, I have had excellent results with the clean, hot tank and patch services of a competent radiator shop. Have not tried a shop that specializes in fuel tanks, just one that definaterly has experience fixing the things. Nothing worse than chasing problems related to fuel tank contamination.

  Radiator shop we have used, we trust their advice. That advice has been to not coat a tank because the coating will loosen eventually, no matter what efforts and cause problems.

  Rotating a tank with water solution and a bunch of bolts etc in the tank will loosen the rust junk but this will take time unless a power rotator is at hand. Fabricating a manual rotator might not be a bad idea and the cludge could be used to rotate tank which is necessary if sealer is going to be used.

  Warren Anderson
  Sedona,AZ

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional