[Chrysler300] Dual Quad/multi carb Engine Article

[Chrysler300] Dual Quad/multi carb Engine Article

Interesting article and date chart in the June edition of Muscle Car Review
on production cars with multiple carburetion.

Of course the Chrysler is credited to be the first to have any form of
factory assembled production dual quad set-up by a long, long way, not with
the '55 C300 but with the 1953-4 Pan Am road race cars.

The others, Pontiac, Chevrolet, and Ford took another three years,'56 to
come up a multi-carb engine and even then they were lacking punch, ranging
from 225-275HP. The estimated HP of the '53 Pan Am cars was 315HP and we all
know the '55 had at least 300 horses under the hood.

It was good to see it in black and white. Now I know why I slave for hours
underneath these 300s, they were king back in the day, there was nothing
better!

Owen

But of course there was the Hudson's with their "Twin-H" power... But we're
only talking dual quad 8cyl here ;-)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: