RE: [Chrysler300] 300J steering wheel/show-n-shine

RE: [Chrysler300] 300J steering wheel/show-n-shine

Just a question on these steering wheels?  Are all 63-64 letter car steering
wheels "square" or round?  Was tilt wheel an option then?  Does having the
tilt wheel eliminate the need for the "square" (really rectangular) wheel?
I had a '63 Newport without tilt, but it did have the "square" wheel and it
was easy to get used to and drive--pretty cool, actually.

I'm very happy this evening with a Best of Show award today for the '50's
class for our C-300 at our local annual Brentwood Cornfest car show.  On the
way home, a dude hung his head out of a passenger side window at a stop
light and told me our car was "sicker than $*#%".  I think he meant that as
a compliment.

I hope that many of you with driveable dream 300's are sharing them with the
public this summer.  Every once in a while I'll let a young child sit in our
car.  Last week an 8-10 year old boy got in and within 10 seconds had
operated every switch within his reach, including the "dagger-on-the-dash".
I turned on the ignition so that he could honk those two great Chrysler
trumpet horns.  I think and hope the kid is hooked for life with that
strange malady we all suffer from to some degree.  One lady remembered me
and the car from the year before.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA