[Chrysler300] Thanks to great group of members at Chryslers at Carlisle

[Chrysler300] Thanks to great group of members at Chryslers at Carlisle

On friday night after most members had left the Carlisle fairgrounds, I fired up my J to get back to the hotel 15 miles away in Camp Spring. She started, ran for a few seconds, and then screeched to a halt and couldn't be restarted. The a/c clutch had seized up. I started making calls using the invaluable Club Directory. I reached Jonnie Slaton and Dave Clelland, who happened to be in another part of the fairgrounds. Five minutes later, they both arrived with tools. Dave was able to remove the fried a/c clutch without a puller. Dave then offered to drive me to the Camp Spring Radisson, even though he was staying in Carlisle. We decided to detour to meet up with club members at Reuben's Bar. After a good dinner, a couple of beers, and some good conversation, Gloria and Allen Moon drove me back to the hotel in their trusty Hurst, "Thirsty". Saturday morning I hitched a ride to Carlisle with Pete and Anne Fitch, thinking I would spend the morning searching vendors' booths for a suitable a/c clutch. When we arrived at the gate, Don Verity informed us that he and Jonnie were already searching and that Jonnie found a compressor with a good clutch. We drove to the club tent and saw the compressor with clutch assembly next to the J. Two minutes later, a smiling Jonnie Slaton appeared holding a small "Mopar" original box as if it contained a diamond ring. He had just obtained an NOS exact replacement a/c clutch for a super bargain price of $30! Jonnie proceeded to install it. I turned the key and the J fired up right away, purring like a golden lion. I put the unneeded $15 compressor/clutch in the trunk for future service. If this was a meet, I would have won the Hard Luck Award, but with Jonnie, Dave, and Don, I felt as if I had won a Good Luck Award! Is this a great club or what?

Rick Ehrmann

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: