  From: Richard Barber
  To: 'Chrysler 300' ; 63-64Chryslers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:39 AM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] 300J & K steering wheel

  More feedback. Thanks to all.

  I believe that they all had the "square" wheel, EXCEPT for the tilt
  wheels which were round in every instance. I do not believe that any tilt
  wheels were square.

  I THINK I can answer your first question. The standard wheel for both '63
  and '64 was the rectangular wheel. However, in '64 there was the optional
  (I THINK) for the first time a tilt steering wheel. It was larger and is
  round. The column at that time was made for Chrysler by GM. I have been
  told that GM still has (or had) the turn signal switch as it was also used
  in Buick and Cadillac. I do know the number of splines on the shaft is
  different at that time, so when I want to have the round wheel reworked on
  my 300-K, I can not substitute a rectangular wheel! I have also seen a
  trashed, '64 Imperial with the same column and wheel.

  C-300'ly

  Rich Barber

  Brentwood, CA

  1955 Chrysler C-300 (with 18" OD, round, black and tan steering wheel and
  world's worst designed horn ring)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: