Re: FW: [Chrysler300] D convert F convert

Re: FW: [Chrysler300] D convert F convert

For the Record:
Chick Kramer's 300D was originally sold thru a Westport, CT dealer, Dan
Coppola Auto Sales, and Bert Tyler's 300F by a dealer in Washington, DC.   It
originally had a white top.  Bert is on record as owning that  car earlier
than 3/71.  So, neither car is one of the two  suggested as possibly being
the ones originally purchased by Mr.Eber.

Nancy:
Very sorry to hear of Chic's passing.  He was truly unique among  us "300
nuts".  The best story I can  remember (partially) is of  him losing the
forward gears in his 300C convert. and so just putting it in  reverse and
driving backwards for many miles to get home---or to a place it  could be worked
on!   Perhaps you could fill in the details?   Thanks.  Also, I remember him
talking about working on one of the original  300D FI cars---at a dealership
in CA, I think.
300ly, Gil C.

In a message dated 7/18/2009 6:50:02 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,