Re: [Chrysler300] 300K Convertible For Sale

Re: [Chrysler300] 300K Convertible For Sale

Hi all -

On Sunday morning, I was nearby New Port Richey, and took a look at this 300-K convertible belonging to Lorraine Pioszak.

Equipment:
360HP 1-4BBL
Manual windows
White outside
Red interior
AM radio
Heater
Torqueflite
Vinyl interior
Remote outside mirror

The bad:
There is extensive rust on every body panel. The hood rusted away from the hinges, which are frozen with rust, and at least 2" of the front hood edge is gone due to rust. The entire car sagged when I opened up the driver's door, and the door would not re-shut.  All convertible top cross members, including the header bar, are rusted completely through and/or are missing entirely. The heavier side irons are still there, but the ones over the side windows that connect to the header panel are rusted through.  The top pump mechanism is missing.  The seats are just a pile of rusted springs.  The console is deformed by exposure to moisture and sunlight. The entire dashboard has been exposed to the elements for 30+ years. The steering wheel is cracked. The rocker panels are more than 30% rusted away. The floors are probably more than half gone, since there is a thick layer of wet leaves on them - that may just be the ground showing through, since much of the
 car is on the ground. The front end of the car is up to the axle in mud/dirt/leaves. Tires are mostly flat and there are no hubcaps.  The air cleaner is missing.

The good: (not much!)
The side glass (non-tinted) is good. The windshield (non-tinted non-shaded) is unbroken, but delaminating quite a bit (2-3") around the lower edges. The stainless around the windshield and convertible top opening is there but would require refinishing.  The VIN plate is still there, and the owner says she has the title.  I didn't even look to see if the body plate was there. The engine and carburetor appear original, but I didn't scrape the block pad or carb body to confirm the numbers.

It would be quite a job to extract this car from its location.  It's behind the lady's house and would have to be pulled out of its sunken grave and through her filled carport. I didn't see any access to the rear of her property, which is mostly overgrown. I would think it is highly unlikely that any of its wheels will turn, given the moisture that the ground was retaining.

Bring your mosquito repellent!  There's plenty of angry biters there!

John Spiers
Lake Worth, Florida