Re: [Chrysler300] carb rebuilds

John Hertog used to use Allstate Carburetor somewhere in Suffolk county,
Long Island NY. Knowing John I'm sure he was happy with their work. I used
Jeff  Dreibus the "old carb doctor". He restored ( not rebuilt ) a set of
3505's for  me in '97 and they came back looking brand new... plated and
polished linkages,  every spot on the carbs looked absolutely new. They sat on my
shelf for over ten  years before I decided to use them so I gave him a call
to see if they  needed new gaskets or anything. He said not normally but back
in 96 or 97  he had a bad batch of needles and seats and asked that I send
them back to him  to have those parts replaced "just in case".  Anyway, I
got them back, no  charge, bolted them on the car and drove away. That's it,
done, didn't mess with  a thing and the car runs much better than it did with
the late model comp  carters that were brand new when I had them on my car.

just my .02

Mike Laiserin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional