Re: [Chrysler300] Original 14" MOPAR Wheels & Radial Tires

Re: [Chrysler300] Original 14" MOPAR Wheels & Radial Tires

Hi John,

Like you, I had problems with radials when they first hit the market. Belt
slippage seemed to be the norm for some years. Bias-ply tires were stiff,
slid  through corners and lasted about 6-8000 miles. No problems with Mopar
wheels,  but no doubt a new stress-relieved set would be safer.

I have been using the Coker 235/75 R 14s for about 5 years now on my 300-C
conv. Only one of the five had balance problems. The others seem to be
holding  up well. Of course, I only had them to 100 mph. once. I'm getting too
old for  the high-speed thrills of yesteryear.

300'ly, Gary Hagy

In a message dated 8/12/2009 11:32:43 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,