RE: [Chrysler300] Air Cleaner/Valve Cover Paint

RE: [Chrysler300] Air Cleaner/Valve Cover Paint

Based on recommendations of others, I had 1972-74 Mercedes Benz Byzantine
Gold applied to two sets of 1955 batwings and my rocker arm covers.  That
color has some fine metallic powder in it.  One of the batwings had some
fairly original paint on it and we did some doping to get closer to the
original color.  Some yellow was added to reduce the redness.  I had them
clear coated with the top coat de-glossed some--maybe 80%, to avoid that
over-restored wet look.  They ended up looking pretty good, although still a
little too red and shiny.  Those in the know indicate that the originals
varied in color considerably and that anything close will probably be OK.

I can send electronic files of color pictures taken in sunlight if you want
to see the results.

Like Lt.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber