RE: [Chrysler300] 413 Engine Rebuild

Mark and all:

I would highly recommend the book by Don Taylor titled "Big Block Mopar
Engines":

http://www.amazon.com/Big-block-mopar-engines-Don-Taylor/dp/1557881901/ref=n
tt_at_ep_dpi_3

There is a preview of the book at:

http://books.google.com/books?id=0LYGoEVMb2MC
<http://books.google.com/books?id=0LYGoEVMb2MC&dq=Big-block+mopar+engines&pr
intsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=NU2_klSWNp&sig=dOpzN4Yxh7RrZjXDbnbKIuTZqO4&h
l=en&ei=nMOOSr3xHom6swPc7dXnCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9#v=onep
age&q=&f=false>
&dq=Big-block+mopar+engines&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=NU2_klSWNp&sig
=dOpzN4Yxh7RrZjXDbnbKIuTZqO4&hl=en&ei=nMOOSr3xHom6swPc7dXnCQ&sa=X&oi=book_re
sult&ct=result&resnum=9#v=onepage&q=&f=false

But I would recommend buying 2 copies of this book.  One to read in your
favorite chair in the house and the other to have lying on your workbench
and let it get greasy and dirty because you will be constantly referring to
it as you rebuild the engine.

It is the BEST book on this sort of subject I have ever run across.

You might also be interested in "The 440 Source" at
http://www.440source.com/ .  They carry mostly higher performance parts but
also LOTS of big block parts and accessories for the RB engines, both 413
and its big brother the 440.  The only thing I have bought from them is a
high torque starter.  Perhaps other members could add comments on their
experiences in dealing with this company.

Best of luck in your rebuilding project.  Keep us informed on your progress.

Big John Mc Adams

(In SoCal)

  _____