RE: [Chrysler300] tranny pan gskt dry or w/sealant??

RE: [Chrysler300] tranny pan gskt dry or w/sealant??

I have taken to using a very thin coat of silicon gasket maker on
each side of the gasket.  There is virtually no way any sealant could
be squeezed out, there is just enough to fill the porosities in a
cork gasket.  The fiber gaskets I do the same.

It seemed to me that when I used grease for retention, the gasket
squeezed out unduly when torqued to spec.

Bill Huff

At 9/17/200907:06 PM, Richard Barber wrote:

>Agreed! I lost a Jeep transfer case after the built in lube pump strainer
>got plugged with sealant that was used by the previous rebuilder.
>
>C-300'ly
>Rich Barber

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional