  From: keboonstra
  To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:34 PM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] 1957 Air conditioning

    OK Folks, our '57 300C has sat in the barn way too much in the summers just because I'm too spoiled rotten to ride around without A/C anymore in a car that doesn't have a flip top. And besides that, it needed a few improvements that are long overdue.

  After owning it now (for the second time) for 26 years, I'm finally taking care of a lot of the things I should have been doing right along. I'm putting in seat belts, re-installing correct carbs, finally putting on that right side mirror, fixing up the armrests, and maybe I'll throw a set of WW radials on it so it can safely hit the road.

  So now I would also like to install a complete original A/C system, and I don't know where to start. Who out there might have everything I'm going to need to accomplish this (both the parts and the knowledge)? I know this won't be cheap, but in my view it will add that much long term value to the car. And it will add immensely to our pleasure in heading halfway across the country for a meet.

  Who's got parts or ideas for a starting point? Your thoughts?

  Many thanks,
  Keith Boonstra
  Holland, Michigan

<*> Your email settings: