[Chrysler300] Re: [Chrysler 300] Powder Coating Removal

Try just plain paint remover. It took of the piece I was working on.  Gary Barker

From: Keith Boonstra
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 12:58 PM
To: Ron Waters
Cc: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Powder Coating Removal

  Because it's epoxy, very few solvents are able to cut it. The way it's
done professionally is to bake it off in an oven at about 700/800
Degrees (cure temperatures for powder coat are usually about
400degrees). This high temperature will turn the powdercoat to ash.
You can accomplish the same thing without an industrial oven by blazing
it off with a propane torch. After that a touchup with media blast will
give the surface a final cleanup.

Keith Boonstra
Holland, Michigan

-

Ron Waters wrote:

> Hi All -
>
> Someone gave me a clean master cylinder housing that had been powder
> coated
> a glossy brown color. I want to remove the powder coating. Does anyone
> know
> the recommended procedure for doing this ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron

---
Virus Database (VPS): 091027-0, 10/27/2009
Tested on: 10/27/2009 8:48:09 PM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: