Re: [Chrysler300] Rust buster

Speaking of rust busters, does anyone know where "No Roison" can be found?  It was used to help prolongue the life of antifreeze.   I used to use it on the years I did not change the antifreeze.

--- On Wed, 10/28/09, Richard Barber <c300@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Richard Barber <c300@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrysler300] Rust buster
To: "'Jim McGowan'" <quadshop@xxxxxxxx>, 2HsandaHeritage@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "'bmingotti'" <bmingotti@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, October 28, 2009, 9:30 PM

I have had very good luck with Kroil but the stuff is hard to find. I
bought mine direct from the manufacturer at: http://www.kanolabs .com/
Breakout torque is important but ability to penetrate may be even more
important. E-mail below was from Paul Holmgren.

It is easy to booger up the screw slots on small screws--be sure to use a
screwdriver that will fill the slot and maintain good pressure on the
handle. A little heat might help but be careful you don't set off a fire
bomb from the gasoline or penetrating oil.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber

Some of you might appreciate this. Machinist's Workshop magazine
tested penetrants for break out torque on rusted nuts.

They are below, as forwarded by an ex-student and professional
machinist, Bud Baker.

They arranged a subjective test of all the popular penetrants
with the control being the torque required to remove the nut from
a "scientifically rusted" environment.

*Penetrating oil ..... Average load*
None ............ ......... . 516 pounds
WD-40 ............ ......... 238 pounds
PB Blaster ............ .... 214 pounds
Liquid Wrench ............ . 127 pounds
Kano Kroil ............ .... 106 pounds
ATF-Acetone mix......... .....53 pounds

The ATF-Acetone mix was a "home brew" mix of 50 - 50 automatic
transmission fluid and acetone. Note the "home brew" was better
than any commercial product in this one particular test.
Our local machinist group mixed up a batch and we all now use
it with equally good results.
Note also that "Liquid Wrench" is about as good as "Kroil" for
about 20% of the price.

Source:

http://forums. thecarlounge. net/zerothread? id=4547049