[Chrysler300] Return of the 300D

Hello 300'ly to all!
    I just received my Franklin Mint 1958 300D Aztec Turquoise Convertible.  Total disappointment!  It is being returned via UPS tomorrow. I got a phone call on Tuesday night from a marketing person from The Franklin Mint.  I pointed out all the discrepancies observed from the Franklin Mint website picture of their D and what they had depicted in their holiday castalogue.  The representative said he could see what I was talking about but assured me that the picture in the catalogue and website was not accurate and that they did pay attention to strict detail to distinguish this model as a D.  Yeah, and if a pig could fly!
    The wheelcovers are those of a C.  The total interior is exactly that of the C and their C convertible model.  The exhaust system is just like their C convertible. That exhaust system was incorrect to begin with in that they didn't have the muffler and resonator on each side.  The Franklin Mint D model has the exhaust system in a bronze color also. The inside rearview mirror is mounted like the C and not on the side of the instrument hump on the dash. The C H R Y S L E R lettering on the hood could have been more accurately applied by Helen Keller....Franklin has the letters higher on the hood so that the Y and S are separated by the hood fin! There is no trunk detail other than the spare tire...no cover,jack, tire iron, or wheel chock.
    The documents are a joke!  It didn't surprise me that they gave a blurb about Clive Cussler owning a D convertible in Aztec Turquoise.  I've seen it in his museum in Arvada and it has discrepancies from an accurate D but not as far off as this model.  Then they list the engine specs of the D and list the HP and compression ratio as the same as the C.  I wanted to reach for an anti-emetic agent when I read their syrupy litany about how they go the extra mile to give the discriminating collector a highly detailed and accurate model.
    PASS ON THIS ONE FOLKS and wait for THE DANBURY MINT to perhaps get motivated and respond with the correct convertible to the same level of detail, craftsmanship, and accuracy that we expect from a high end diecast modeler. It is certainly not worth a fraction of the $155 (including shipping) they are asking. I wouldn't go for this under any Christmas tree....or it will be a big disappointment with a trip to UPS the Monday after Christmas for a return trip.  ROB KERN

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)