RE: [Chrysler300] atlas auto parts

Lindsey:

Have you called any local Speedometer or Auto Instrument shops?  I used to
deal with one locally that said they could make me a Speedo - or - Tach - or
- Auto Pilot shaft and housing in any reasonable length if I could supply
the housing ends.  The cable ends are pretty much standard but the housing
ends are unique to the application.  If you have (or can find) a spare
speedo housing I believe the Tach and Auto Pilot housings have the same ends
but I could be wrong on this assumption.

My 1962 Sport (because of the short wheelbase) didn't allow for an Auto
Pilot installation with the Cross Ram option.  I have added Short Rams to
mine and eventually plan to make a custom mounting bracket for my Auto Pilot
unit and move it forward to clear the Air Cleaner on the drivers side.  This
will require a longer than stock shaft and housing both to and from the Auto
Pilot unit.  This is why I have looked into having custom length shafts and
housings custom made.

You might give this route a try and see what happens.  I guarantee that a
custom cable from a Speedo shop will be by far cheaper than anything you can
get that has been lying around on a shelf for 50 years.  Especially anything
that Atlas Obsolete will demand.  I don't have much good to say about them
as a vendor, but that is their business and if they can get customers to pay
their ransom, then so be it.

Big John Mc Adams

(In warm and sunny SoCal)

(It will probably stay warm and sunny until after the Rose Parade)

  _____