Re: [Chrysler300] underside of 55-56 hoods

Re: [Chrysler300] underside of 55-56 hoods

As to the coating or no coating I have seen both examples on 55 Desotos
I have had over the past 43 years .  I presently own ( 43 years) a
Fireflite Hdt bought from the original owner, a retired California
school ( lady)  teacher and is completly original calif.  car and has
the hood underside coated with a heavy tar like coating of paint.  Also
the underside of body is coated but not the frame, engine, suspension.
Apparently the body was sprayed prior to gas tank, frame, engine,
suspension, were installed. Could the coating be something that  added
to a factory ordered car?

Ken Wilson, San Jose, Calif
62-300H

Jonnie wrote:

>This is my personal experience-------my 55 Windsor which I bought in original condition---the title was still in original owners name----was body color----what was left of the paint-----my 55 Coupe----a one family owned car when I got it-----body color-----6 55 parts cars, 5 body color----1 55 Imp.coupe  primered------my 55 300 which was owned by the same guy for 44 years, had a completely original engine comp. when I got it----body color----however I have seen several over the years that were primered-----Mike Burke has a C300 with a primered underside of hood----as for 56,s-----my 56 New Yorker sedan---body color---my 56 St. Regis----body color----my 56 St. Regis parts car----body color-----my 56 Windsor-----body color---56 wagon-----body color----however, I have also seen 56's over the years with primered hoods----so I think most all 55-56 Chryslers had painted hoods but on some cars the underside never got painted----I have never seen any 55-56 orginal with a black underside that looked like it was done at the factory-------Johnnie Slayton.l;p'/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)