RE: [Chrysler300] FM Radio volume conrol

RE: [Chrysler300] FM Radio volume conrol

Dave,

Your best bet is to clean the potentiometer (volume control)  with a spray
made just for that purpose, readily available at a Radio Shack or an
electronics store.  It comes with a straw that allows you to pinpoint the
spray.  Spray into the openings in the pot and turn control up and down. Use
plenty of spray, you won't hurt anything, it flashes off quickly.  Do it on
a bench connected up to a 12v power supply and speaker with the cover off to
get access to the pot and check your progress with the radio playing.

If you want to try it in the car, you can sometimes get lucky and spray
though to the pot with the knobs removed.  Use caution as to not damage your
dash paint though!!

The other pot(s) probably has the same problem and will have to be cleaned
as well, so just try with the one currently in the radio.

Bob J

  _____