[Chrysler300] Re:FM Radio volume conrol

I used to repair radios and TV's for a living while I was going to college.  During that time, I found most potentiometers (volume controls) could be fixed with a quick spray inside with electrical contact cleaner available at Radio Shack or other electronics store.  The can comes with a small tube to insert into the nozzle which can be spreayed directly into the control if you have access to the inside of the radio.  At one time I had an attachment that screwed directly onto the shaft of the control where you could apply the spray from the front if you could not get to the inside of the radio.  You can probably find one of those somewhere, too.  Rarely does the spray fail to fix a noisy control.  Doesn't take much.  Just spray and move the control through its arc several times.

As far as replacing with a volume control from an AM radio, as long as the resistance is similar, and they interchange physically, there should be no problem.  The resistance will normally be stamped into the edge of the volume control case.

Good luck!

David Coston, P.E.
Duke Energy One Alliance Consultant
dcoston@xxxxxxxxxxx