Re: [Chrysler300] That Coral 300D Coupe

A valid reason to them would be that with the VIN someone could presumably
check on the car's history.  Can't remember if they showed the data plate
either.  If I was a buyer I would want to see that too and for that kind of
money I would want to see the original factory card like Gil can find for
our cars to check on the color.

On big expensive collectors items that kind of stuff  it is called
provenance.  Meaning the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin>origin, or
the <http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Source>source, of something, or the
history of the ownership or location of an object from Wikipedia.    I bet
if you say your car has provenance it's worth a few thousand more.  A more
high class antique.  Anyway for that kind of money the car should have
history and documentation that authenticates the color and all the options.

The car sure looks nice in photos but that does not necessarily mean all
that much.  One thing if you restore a known original car yourself, you can
be sure what you have with no slick car dealers and salespeople in between.

Regards,

Nancy Kramer

At 09:57 AM 1/12/2010, pennsy300@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Can anybody come up with a valid reason that the serial number has been
>hidden? McTaggart in cold, snowy Dayton OH

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)