[Chrysler300] Scottsdale Arizona car auctions/Brentwood Funnel Cloud

[Chrysler300] Scottsdale Arizona car auctions/Brentwood Funnel Cloud

I was at B-J auction several years ago when it was raining heavily.  Cars
waiting to get in to the stage were outside and were back out in the rain
200 feet away from the stage after being sold.  Top up or down, $30,000
paint job, varnished woody--all out into the rain on the return trip to the
exhibition tent.  Seems like they could have strung a few more tarps.

If you do take or buy a Chrysler 300 there, best be prepared to protect it
coming and going.

BTW, we had a rare funnel cloud drop down out of a wall cloud today in
Brentwood.   I guess it's not a tornado until it touches down--I had not
heard that, nor were we aware of any tornado warnings.  There was also hail
and some snow just south of here.  The Sheriff's dept triggered an automatic
call warning system to people in the unincorporated areas, but nothing in
this city.  Sirens would have been screaming in the Midwest.

>From the "net"--in typical California English.

It was been a weird weather in the past weeks in California and it continued
to form a tornado which made the residents of the Contra Costa County to be
alarmed.

The storm was felt at 1:20 PM and the tornado was seen at exactly 1:20 pm
with a full announcement of warning. A funnel shaped like tornado was seen
in the Brentwood/Discovery Bay area but there are no reports of injuries and
if the tornado felt the land.

(Later)--no apparent touchdown or injuries.  Couple of spinouts on the hail.

I later drove our 1955 C-300 from Brentwood to Discovery Bay and back in dry
weather, but it rained on it during our '50's party at the church.  The
members really dug our cool wheels, man.  I was told I had a taillight out,
but who knows--they are pretty dim at best.  Anyone seen a 6-Volt LED array
that will work in a '55 tail light system?  Seems like they have to be
customized.

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 C-300 (Felt good to get it out of the garage for a run).