Re: [Chrysler300] Engine Paint Color for 1958 300D

Re: [Chrysler300] Engine Paint Color for 1958 300D

That depends a little on whether you are going for concours points or if
you want to drive it some without having the first coolant drip wreck
your new paint job.

I don't know what to use for true concours, but Jeff Carter at JC Auto
says he has had great success using 1995 Mercedes Benz polyurethane. The
product is DuPont Chromabase H9672.  According to Jeff, a little road
splash and oil or coolant drips wash right back off. I'm just about to
do my 300C engine, and that is what I plan to use.

Next we can get into the question of what the best valve cover and air
cleaner gold is.

Keith Boonstra
Holland MI

-

Larry Jabin wrote:

> Does anybody know the name of the silver color on the 300D engines?
>
> I am having an engine built and would like to have some auto paint made up
> to match
>
> Thanks
>
> Larry Jabin
>
> San Francisco, CA 94111